Roller Hockey Exchange Program
The Roller Hockey Australia Exchange program has been running since 2014 and is a great way for people from across the globe to visit Australia and play Roller Hockey at the same time.
The key goals of the program are the following
- Improve the level of roller hockey in the local leagues be attracting players from countries who are very experienced and developed in our sport
- To improve knowledge and awareness of coaching techniques and refereeing rules
- Support the development of junior and youth programs with guest coaches
- To provide networking opportunities for Australian players (young and old) who can travel to countries so they can further develop their own skills
- Support tourism to Australia because we all know Australia is a GREAT place
Since 2014 we have had more than 25 players coming from Italy, Spain, France, Columbia and Argentina join roller hockey clubs and competitions across Australia
Players stay within Australia between 4 weeks and 18 months and during their time they train with multiple clubs. Whilst they are in Australia the roller hockey community supports every one; by either taking them to tourist destinations, family events, team BBQs etc. In 2016 four young Australian players travelled to Spain to develop their skills with established roller hockey clubs which has seen each of them improve in many areas.
Some key people who have participated are Xavier Villergut and Jordi Casals from Barcelona who have help with coaching and school clinics during the 2015 and 2016 season.
2017 is set to be another active year with strong interest with junior Australian players wanting to go to Europe and a number European players expected to participate in the program between May and September
If Australian or players from other countries are interested in being part of this program please contact RHA via our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org